Tuesday, February 26, 2008

International film fest - V

Film: My life in the air [ma vie en l’air]
(2005, French, France, 103 mins)
Director: Remi Bezancon

I don’t’ know the reason behind it being in the filmfest. The story was very M&B kinds. The kinds you see in bollywood, not exactly lame but say a ‘dil chahta hai’. Now I’m not saying it’s a bad movie(both) but I wouldn’t be wanting to see it in a film festival. I’m sure the French have a lot of other films to offer.
It’s a light hearted romantic comedy. I have nothing against them, but they have to have something unique that I don’t see in every third film of the same genre. Like for example ‘amelie’ again a romantic film. It had a certain style..aura about it (the presentation) and I love it to the core. This one didn’t have anything special about it. It seemed a bit promising in the beginning but fizzled out. Was humorous and kept me entertained till the end. But again…it was just about a boy who falls in love once and loses and falls in love twice and finds love1 and gets confused between the two..n (blah)…and finally realizes true love (blah) and gets on the damn plane (finally!!...please take a look at the title..our man supposedly has fear of flying) for the love of his life. I’m telling you again..it was that simple(like we didn’t know). I’ts about life..friends and lovers.
The end.

No comments: